Dog, smoke detector alerts La Vergne family to fire - WKRN News 2

Dog, smoke detector alerts La Vergne family to fire

Posted: Updated:
LA VERGNE, Tenn. -

A La Vergne family is displaced after their home caught fire Monday morning.

Fire fighters responded to the blaze just before 4 a.m. at a home on Fergus Road in La Vergne.

Two men and a woman were inside the home when the fire sparked. Their smoke detector and dog barking alerted them to the fire.

No one was injured. The residents are staying with family for the time being.

They were on the scene for approximately one hour fighting the blaze.

Fire officials believe it was an electrical fire.

The home was moderately damaged. 

No further details were immediately released.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKRN (Young Broadcasting station). All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.