Candle falls, lights house on fire - WKRN News 2

Candle falls, lights house on fire

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A candle fell inside the bathroom of a home in west Nashville, setting it ablaze.

Police responded to a call just after 9 p.m. in the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North.

Authorities reported that there was heavy smoke and a lot of flames upon arrival, with fire coming out of the roof.

Fire crews were able to knock the fire out in minutes.

The scene is still under investigation and the fire marshal will investigate tomorrow.

The family of five living at the home were able to leave the house.

No one was harmed.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.