Fire crews are working to douse hot spots at a home in Bellevue Thursday morning.
The fire was reported just before 7 a.m. in the 300 block of Cross Timbers Drive off of Sawyer Brown Road. Heavy smoke was seen from over a mile away.
The fire was contained to one upstairs room and smoke filled the home.
Cpt. Maggie Lawrence with Nashville Fire Department told Nashville's News 2 a female was alerted to the fire by her smoke alarm.
She told first responders another person was inside the house and she could not wake him.
Crews entered the side window with a ladder to pull him out of the home.
The man was transported to an area hospital in serious condition for smoke inhalation. He is expected to be okay. The woman was also transported for minor injuries.
Drivers are urged to use caution in the area. The water used to battle the fire is reportedly freezing over on the roadway.
It was not immediately known what sparked the fire. A fire Marshal plans to investigate once all of the hot spots are out and the house is deemed safe.
Officials said it did not appear to be a total loss. Refresh this page for updates on this story.