Drexel Prep reopens after students sickened by carbon monoxide - WKRN News 2

Drexel Prep reopens after students sickened by carbon monoxide

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

Drexel Preparatory Academy is set to reopen on Thursday after dozens of children were sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning earlier this week.

Officials have since said the students were exposed to carbon monoxide after a broken heating unit caused the gas to leak into the school on Monday.

More than 40 students received treatment at an area hospital following the incident.

School officials added new carbon monoxide detectors will be installed in every classroom.

Previous Story:

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.