Electrical fire damages home in Germantown - WKRN News 2

Electrical fire damages home in Germantown

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

Fire damaged a home located in the 1300 block of Seventh Avenue North in Germantown Saturday morning.

The homeowner told firefighters he heard a noise in a back room of the house.  When he went to investigate he said sparks were coming out of a fuse panel.  The sparks quickly set that part of house on fire.

The blaze did spread to the roof area, but majority of the flames were contained to the back of the home.

The homeowner was the only person in the house at the time.

He was not injured and has been relocated.

Firefighters said faulty electrical wiring may have sparked the fire.  The exact cause is under investigation.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.