A family of four was displaced early Friday morning after fire tore through their north Nashville home.
The fire sparked shortly after 2 a.m. at the home in the 4500 block of Winston Road off Clarksville Highway.
Fire officials told Nashville's News 2 the family awoke to smoke alarms sounding and escaped unharmed.
The fire began in the den of the home and went up the wall, causing extensive damage.
It was not immediately clear what started the fire.
No one was injured.
Nashville Fire Chief Ricky Taylor reminds residents to be careful when celebrating the holidays.
"People tend to overload their electrical outlets and different things," he told Nashville's News 2, adding, "You [got to] be careful, especially this time of year, because you're doing things you normally don't do the rest of the year."