Three families were displaced early Thursday morning after a fire damaged an apartment building in west Nashville.
Emergency crews responded to the fire around 12:30 a.m. in the 2600 block of Booker Street, not too far from the Nashville General Hospital.
According to officials, the fire at the three-unit apartment building started in the kitchen of the middle unit.
It spread into the attic before spreading to the rear unit.
Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the flames from the attic of the third unit.
The middle unit received the most damage while the front unit mostly received smoke damage. The back unit suffered minor damage.
A mother and her three children were inside the apartment where the fire initially sparked, but escaped safely.
No injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced families.