Chimney fire damages 2 units at Franklin apartment complex - WKRN News 2

Chimney fire damages 2 units at Franklin apartment complex

Posted:
FRANKLIN, Tenn. -

Two units were damaged after a chimney fire broke out at a Franklin apartment complex on Thursday afternoon.

The fire was reported around 2:45 p.m. at Viera Cool Springs apartments located at 300 Royal Oaks Boulevard.

Fire officials reported the blaze started in the top of a chimney above two units after an occupant on the first floor started a fire in her wood burning fireplace.

Crews were able to contain the fire to the chimney area. Damages are believed to be around $20,000.

No injuries were reported.

The apartment complex is assisting the displaced residents.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.