Fire scare forces evacuation of Donelson hotel - WKRN News 2

Fire scare forces evacuation of Donelson hotel

Posted: Updated: Dec 6, 2012 4:15 PM CST
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

Smoke from a malfunctioning ice machine forced the evacuation of a Donelson hotel Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters responded to the Holiday Inn Express on Airport Center Drive off Royal Parkway and Elm Hill Pike around 1:20 p.m. after smoke filled the second floor of the hotel and caused the building's sprinkler system to go off.

Crews went room to room, evacuating guests.

The source of the smoke, a faulty ice maker motor, was discovered less than an hour later.

One man suffered minor injuries after he jumped off a second story balcony.  

He was treated at the scene and not transported to the hospital

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WKRN (Young Broadcasting station). All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.