Cigarette likely sparked apartment fire, chief says - WKRN News 2

Cigarette likely sparked apartment fire, chief says

Posted: Updated: Nov 30, 2012 03:40 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A cigarette is likely to blame for a fire midday Friday at an apartment complex in south Nashville.

Firefighters responded to the Brandywine Apartments off Edmondson Pike, north of Old Hickory Boulevard, shortly after 11:30 a.m. to find a second story balcony engulfed in flames.

Firefighters managed to quickly put out the blaze, preventing the flames from spreading to other parts of the building.

"It could've been a very bad situation with the weather, the temperature and the leaves that we had around back," Fire Chief Paul King said.

While the investigation into what sparked the fire is ongoing, the fire chief told Nashville's News 2 he believes it was started by a cigarette.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.