Elderly woman displaced after bathroom catches fire - WKRN News 2

Elderly woman displaced after bathroom catches fire

Posted:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

An elderly woman was displaced after her east Nashville home caught fire Thursday morning.

The fire was reported around 2 a.m. in the 200 bock of Duke Street off of Dickerson Pike.

Fire officials told Nashville's News 2 a small electrical fire sparked in the back bathroom of the house.

According to officials, the fire was contained to the bathroom and was out in less than 10 minutes.
 
A smoke detector reportedly woke the woman as the house filled with smoke.

No injuries or major damage was reported.

The woman plans to stay with a neighbor.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329
Email: news@wkrn.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.