Crews battled a house fire sparked by a cigarette in a Williamson County neighborhood early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 300 block of Eiderdown Drive off of Goose Creek Drive in Franklin just before 5 a.m.
Officials said they had the fire contained within an hour and the family was able to escape unharmed.
Firefighters told Nashville's News 2 it appeared a cigarette left in a bedroom may have sparked the fire.
Damage was contained to one side of the house.
According to the American Red Cross, the family plans to stay with relatives.