Kitchen fire sparks at Rivergate Mall restaurant - WKRN News 2

Kitchen fire sparks at Rivergate Mall restaurant

Posted: Updated: Sep 21, 2012 6:04 PM CDT

A fire at a restaurant at the Rivergate Mall Friday afternoon caused extensive smoke and water damage to several area stores.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of the restaurant located in the mall's food court around 3 p.m.

A portion of the mall was evacuated but no one was injured.

Hanna Anki owns Nino's Clothing inside the mall and told Nashville's News 2 the smoke spread quickly to nearby businesses.

"We got smoke in all the sudden, after that it started getting heavier and heavier. We could not even breathe. They just kick us out of the mall," he recalled.

Additional information was not released.

Powered by WorldNow

441 Murfreesboro Road Nashville, TN 37210

Telephone: 615.369.7222
Fax: 615.369.7329

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Nashville, LLC. A Media General Company.