A benefit concert will be held to honor a firefighter whose body was burned from head to toe during a flash fire in Bedford County
Twenty-three-year-old Dustin Rhodes of Shelbyville returned home from the hospital Sunday after suffering second and third degree burns to 80% of his body and face last week.
According to the Shelbyville Times-Gazette, Rhodes was lighting a friend's backyard fire pit when fumes from a previous fire erupted, engulfing him in flames.
Rhodes went home after spending a week in the intensive care unit at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.
Among his long recovery, Rhodes faces a long list of medical bills.
To help with his medical expenses, a benefit concert will be held August 12 at the Bedford County Agriculture Center on Midland Road.