Food left unattended in microwave sparks house fire
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -
Fire officials believe food left unattended in a microwave sparked a house fire early Friday evening.
The fire broke out around 6:15 p.m. at a home on Crescent Road in the Green Hills area.
Officials told Nashville's News 2 the homeowner was outside preparing for a weekend yard sale when her home went up in flames.
Authorities said they believe the fire was accidental.
"Her son put some Hershey's Kisses in the microwave, went out for a few minutes, put [them] on for 10 minutes, came back in [and] the microwave, cabinets and ceiling mostly was on fire at that time," District Chief Ricky Taylor said.